Invest in Yourself
There are two things we never have enough of: money and time. As women, we go to great lengths to take care of everyone else, from our spouses and children, to our parents and friends. The roles of mother, wife, caretaker, chef, housekeeper, counselor, household secretary and breadwinner have been bundled into a single, efficient, low-cost unit: YOU!
We fall into these roles as our lives change, and think nothing of the personal sacrifices we make to fill them. As long as our spouse, kids, parents, and everyone else is happy, we’re happy. And if we’re falling short somewhere along the line, there’s magazine articles telling us how to be better cooks, more exciting lovers and better parents.
But without investing in yourself, the well eventually runs dry. Men are baffled when their sweetie does all the domestic chores for months, or even years, without complaining and then suddenly she explodes. BOOM! Kids, too, can find themselves blindsided by a Super Mom who abruptly turns vigilante over a dirty room, a bad report card, or coming home too late. POW! Well-meaning friends can get caught in the crossfire when a social invitation is met with a vehement “I don’t have time/money for that!” MEOW!
Investing in yourself is important, and here are 5 reasons to do it:
1. It’s your life. You deserve to have time for yourself. This isn’t selfishness; this is self-preservation.
2. You can’t be there for everyone else if you let yourself go. Losing focus on your own health and emotional well-being is a disservice to you and to the people who count on you.
3. Your self-image affects your personal confidence. It’s one thing to cut back on hair salon visits, but another to completely give up spending money and time on your appearance. It affects your self-esteem, and it can impact your career and your relationships.
4. If you sacrifice everything for others, resentment and exhaustion can build up to a breaking point. This isn’t healthy for you or for your loved ones. Having a balanced life makes more sense than giving your all until there’s nothing left.
5. Having a sense of personal control in your life empowers you to tackle the tough challenges as they come up.
Isn’t it time you did something just for you? Join us at the “It’s All About Women” retreat at Lake Lawn Lodge in Delavan, WI. And before you say you don’t have the time or money, please contact us for details about the sponsorship programs that enable all women to attend. Come for the weekend, April 27-29, or for our Saturday-only program April 28. We can help you make it happen!
This entry was posted
on Sunday, April 8th, 2012 at 8:12 pmand is filed under General.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.